GOMBE STATE HEALTH FACILITY MPDSR SCORECARD
The scorecard tracks maternal and perinatal deaths in secondary health facilities of the state to determine the causes and proffer preventive actions. Based on findings from the MPDSR Scorecard, GOSAM ask Gombe State Ministry of health to:
- Ensure regular and adequate supply of MPDSR reporting forms in all secondary facilities to enable reporting of all maternal and perinatal deaths
- Ensure at least one functional blood bank with a constant electric source in each senatorial district.
- Sustain the provision of life-saving commodities such as magnesium sulphate and misoprostol in all facilities.
- Ensure adequate ambulance services for early and prompt referral from primary to secondary health facilities.
- Provide refresher training for maternal health providers in management of labour and delivery, including routine partograph use to prevent prolonged labour.
- Ensure availability of functional antenatal care (ANC) services and comprehensive obstetric care in all hospitals in the state
- Ensure delivery beds are fully functional in all hospital delivery rooms
The scorecard is analyzed with data from the facility, from July to September, 2017.